What Datlabs do with CCTV Evidence.
Datlabs technicians work with video recording data from CCTV systems, mobile phones, cameras, video recorders etc. Undertaking the following:-
- Recovery of data from damaged recording equipment
- Recovery of corrupt recordings
- De-multiplexing – separation of multi-camera images
- Make recordings with universal viewers
- Extraction of frame captures
- Duplications and packages of exhibits, including jury image bundles
- Digital encryption to prevent un-authorised duplication or digital editing of exhibits
- Masking of innocent parties
- Digital Forensic Services Reporting.
CCTV camera systems record events accurately and dispassionately as witness to all that it is before it and as long as the recordings are clear they can serve as vital unequivocal evidence in legal matters.
Admissibility and the potential value of CCTV evidence is however dependent on the forensic processes and procedures used in its acquisition. The role of Datlabs is to acquire the base line data in a manner that cannot be disputed and as a pre-requisite to analysis.
Find out more about Datlabs Digital Forensic Services capabilities.