External Hard Drive Repair and Recovery.
Each year Datlabs repair and recover data from many hundreds of faulty external hard drives of all makes and models. The physical size and use of these devices renders them vulnerable to knocks,drops, liquid damage, electrical and mechanical failure. The most common symptom is that the devices are not recognized by the host computer and are making a buzzing or clicking sound. At the Datlabs data recovery service centre our technicians will immediately diagnose the exact nature of the problem whilst you wait. Following on they will then replace faulty components, reprogram the drive, extract and test the data and copy this to a new and reliable compatible portable drive type ready to be returned to your home or business address.
NAS Repair and Recovery.
Datlabs has addressed the burgeoning need to rebuild and recover small business storage and home hub NAS systems;-
Netgear, Buffalo, Synology Diskstation, ASUSTOR, QNAP, HP, Lacie, WD My Cloud, WD Sentinel, Seagate NAS, Thecus, G RAID we have seen them all before and successfully recovered data from a multitude of failure situations.
RAID Server Rebuild and Recovery.
We rebuild and restore data from failed RAID systems and faulty NAS systems. Our dedicated RAID recovery team specialize in in rebuilding failed RAID 5, failed RAID 6, RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 1 0. If you are a Business or Home User with a crashed or corrupt RAID, Server or NAS system then we have competitively priced service options to suite your needs.
Data Rescue and Data Restore.
The bulk of our work involves Data Recovery Services from hard disk drives, so it is worthwhile briefly describing some of the activities that our technicians undertake when recovering your data from a faulty hard drive.
- Swapping, repairing and reprogramming damaged hard drive PCBs, including those with on board USB connector. e.g Western Digital MyPassport
- Substituting and testing ROM Chips
- Hard Disk Drive Read Write Head stack replacement, this work is normally associated with “Clicking” or “Buzzing” Hard Disk Drives
- Hard Disk Drive Platter Swap Out, Our technicians will perform this work in the case of a seized spindle motor. It is a complex and fiddly process involving specialist tools and the meticulous alignment of components in their new hard drive assembly
- Hard disk drive read write head replacement. Our technicians undertake this work in over 60% of the hard drive failures we receive in our Labs. The work involves exact parts matching and sourcing. The use of specialist tools and test equipment i.e. hard disk drive imaging tools that can create read write head maps, deal with bad sectors and read errors and facilitate the transfer of data from the repaired hard drive
- Once the Datlabs technicians have restored operational functionality to your hard disk drive they will then proceed to extract the data and transfer it to suitable return media
Returning your Data.
The quality of the extracted data is manually checked by our data recovery technicians. Once the data has been validated we will send you an email file list for you to check. Once you are satisfied with the content we will transfer your data to an external hard disk drive or equivalent storage media ready for transport or collection.
Datlabs will retain a copy of your recovered data for upto 14 days just in case there is a problem with the data we returned to you. For your own security and peace of mind all copies of any data stored on the hard disk are securely erased.
Tips to avoid data loss:
Despite the wide spread use of computers end users are not familiar with basic aspects of system maintenance, data loss and data recovery. Even those who are familiar with the do’s and dont’s of computer maintenance seldom attend to relatively simple routine activities.
Computer and System Maintenance:
Maintenance of your system can make a lot of difference on the performance of the system and can enhance the life of hard disk drive.
- Keep your system well-ventilated and protected from dust, moisture and heat. We invest in Class 100 Clean Room standards for a good reason.
- Safeguard the system from physical damage and power surges. Power surges can severely damage the hard disk.
- Shut down your system properly. If you shut down the system directly from the power source while the operating system is running, there are chances of data loss and boot up failures.
- Look out for any ticking or grinding sound from the hard drive while booting the system. These abnormal noises are an early indication of hard disc drive failure.
- Most of the operating systems have built-in repair tools like chkdsk in Microsoft Windows. Although the utilities are very basic in nature but running such utilities occasionally can take care of minor inconsistencies, which can improve the overall performance of the system and enhance the life of your hard drive.
- Protection of the system from virus infection is equally important. Regularly run system scan, boot scan and keep the virus database updated.
- Develop a habit to free up the disc space routinely so that the chances of data loss are minimized. Keep your files and folders organized, as unwanted files and data can often create confusion, which can further lead to in-advertent deletion of files.
- Do a full system back-up regularly.
If you are having Hard Drive, Mobile Phone or RAID system problems Contact any of Datlabs Data Recovery Service Centres