Find yourself in a situation where you have lost access to the data on your RAID system?
Not sure how to react or what to do?
Here’s a few tips to help you through this troubling time.
- Don’t Panic
- Don’t allow any disk checking software to run on the array, (e.g. Scandisk / Chkdsk etc)
- Don’t change the disk order
- Don’t continue to run the system
- Don’t reconfigure the array
- Do not attempt to rebuild the RAID
If you would like more information on what to do in this type of situation then see our How to react in a data loss situation page