Troubleshooting noisy hard drives.
Today’s hard disk drives are very quiet in their normal operation and any unusual noises you may hear are generally a symptom of a catastrophic failure or an imminent failure.
Normal sounds include:
- Low level whirring noise during drive spin-up.
- Clicks as the HDD heads park during standby.
Suspect noises include:
- High-pitched whining sounds.
- Repeated, tapping, grinding or beeping.
- Clicking or beeping on connection and not detected.
- Two or three sharp clicks at start up and then a boot error message and system shutdown.
For more information concerning clicking hard drives visit Datlabs Data Recovery clicking hard drives.
For more information concerning beeping hard disk drives visit Datlabs Data Recovery beeping hard drives.