Datlabs Data Recovery Service Help Desk.
Datlabs can be contacted via our:-
- Advertised local rate telephone numbers
- Secure online chat facility.
- Call Back Request.
Datlabs Data Recovery Services are available 0800 through till 1800 on week days and OOH on call through till 2200 most evenings and week ends for emergency situations.
Datlabs data recovery technicians have a wealth of experience involving data loss situations and will be able to advise on your particular problem and if possible how to resolve it. Given the information you have provided they will then offer you a quotation either verbally or by email.
Free Courier Collection of your hard drive.
In most cases we are able to provide a free UK courier collect service. (there are exemptions so please clarify). Your courier service will be arranged from your home or office location and you will be advised of a job tracking number and also address and contact details.
In all cases please pack your equipment robustly against damage in shipping.
Please note that Datlabs bears no liability for loss of equipment or data and that all equipment and storage equipment we receive is effectively faulty or damaged so if your equipment and data has a perceived value than please consider insuring your goods and stored data against loss.
Data Rescue and Data Restore.
The bulk of our work involves Data Recovery Services from hard disk drives, so it is worthwhile briefly describing some of the activities that our technicians undertake when recovering data from faulty hard drives.
- Swapping, repairing and reprogramming damaged hard drive PCBs, including those with on board USB connector. e.g Western Digital MyPassport.
- Substituting and testing ROM Chips.
- Hard Disk Drive Read Write Head stack replacement, this work is normally associated with “Clicking” or “Buzzing” Hard Disk Drives.
- Hard Disk Drive Platter Swap Out, Our technicians will perform this work in the case of a seized spindle motor. It is a complex and fiddly process involving specialist tools and the meticulous alignment of components in their new hard drive assembly.
- Hard disk drive read write head replacement. Our technicians undertake this work in over 60% of the hard drive failures we receive in our Labs. The work involves exact parts matching and sourcing. The use of specialist tools and test equipment i.e. hard disk drive imaging tools that can create read write head maps, deal with bad sectors and read errors and facilitate the transfer of data from the repaired hard drive.
- Once the Datlabs technicians have restored operational functionality to your hard disk drive they will then proceed to extract the data and transfer it to suitable return media.
Returning your Data to you.
The quality of the extracted data is manually checked by our data recovery technicians. Data is validated and we will email you a file list for you to check. Once you are satisfied with the file listings we will transfer your data to an external hard disk drive or equivalent storage media ready for transport or collection.
Datlabs will retain a copy of your recovered data for upto 14 days just in case there is a problem with the data we returned to you. For your own security and peace of mind all copies of any data stored on the hard disk are securely erased.
You can discover more about Datlabs data recovery services by clicking the link here or on one of our main pages.