Scams to look out for when working from home.
Working from home during the Corona virus (COVID-19) National Emergency we are vulnerable to phishing threats. Some phishing attempts can be obvious, others are not. They are designed to pressure an employee into complying with a seemingly genuine request. Impersonating the World Health Organization (WHO), HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) etc into clicking on malicious links or attachments. Typically:
- Emails that request a change to bank account details.
- Fraudulent invoices bearing credible company logo requesting payment.
- An expected emails with `change of sender’s address such as “joe.bloggs123 @ email.com” being changed to “joe.blogs123 @ email.com”.
Be Careful And:
- Never feel pressured into clicking a link in an email.
- Don’t be taken in by the sender’s name.
- Look out for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Check the URL hover mouse over link, the URL ought to match .
- Turn on two-factor authentication (2FA) if you can.
Stay Safe at Work and Home !